Bhubaneswar: The Government of Odisha has approved seven investment proposals worth Rs. 3205.67 crore in Metal & Metal Downstream, Infrastructure, Tourism and Cement sectors, which is likely to generate employment for 2494 people in the state was accorded at the 94th State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) meeting today.
The investment proposals approval was given at the State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Shri Asit Kumar Tripathy in Bhubaneswar (Odisha) wherein Shri Hemant Sharma, Principal Secretary, Industries outlined the project proposals for consideration.
The SLSWCA approved seven planned projects which included the following:
- The Proposal of M/s MGM Minerals Limited for expansion of its project by setting up 0.125 MTPA Sponge Iron Plant, 0.6 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.25 MTPA MS Billets, 0.25 MTPA TMT & Wire Rods and 40 MW Captive Power Plant at Nimdha in Dhenkanal, with an investment of Rs. 801.89 crore and thereby providing employment to about 1215 people.
- Another proposal of M/s GM Iron & Steel Company Limited for expansion of its project by setting up 0.8 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.2379 MTPA DRI plant, 0.195 MTPA Billet, 0.24 MTPA Wire Rod Mill, 0.416 MTPA Slag Cement and 46 MW Captive Power Plant in Dhenkanal, with an investment of Rs. 607.52 crore of capacity and providing employment opportunities for 592 people.
- Additionally Proposal of M/s. Envirocare Infrasolution Pvt. Ltd for setting up Iron Ore Beneficiation plant of 3.6 MTPA capacity at Koira in Sundergarh, with a total investment of Rs. 60 crores, and employing around additional 175 people.
- Proposal of M/s Hindalco Industries Limited for setting up Flue Gas Desulphurization Plant (FGD) for its existing CPP (6×150 MW) at Lapanga, Sambalpur, with an investment of Rs. 696 crore providing an additional employment opportunities for 50 people.
- Likewise, proposal of M/s. Lifeline Multi-ventures Pvt. Ltd. to set up a 5-star Hotel in Bhubaneswar with a total investment of Rs. 150.38 Crore and providing employment opportunities for 240 people.
- SLSWCA also approved the proposal of M/s. JSW Cement Ltd. (JSW) for expansion of Cement grinding capacity from 1.2 MTPA to 2.4 MTPA at Kalinga Nagar, Duburi, Jajpur, with an investment of Rs. 489.88 crores and providing employment opportunities for 68 people.
- In addition Proposal of M/s. Jajpur Cements Pvt. Ltd. for expansion of Cement grinding capacity from 0.5 MTPA to 1.5 MTPA at Kalinga Nagara, Jajpur, with an investment Rs. 400.00 crores and additional will provide employment opportunities for 154 people.
Industries department is leaving no stone unturned to ensure world class infrastructure, and business environment to the investors. The Industries department will continue to extend support for the state and country’s economic growth and perform its duties to steadfast growth trajectory of Odisha.
With measures such as these, Odisha looks to strengthen its position, achieve the goals and remain in the position of a leading state in the coming years, with new innovation, infrastructure, dedication, best technology backed by Ease of Doing Business for the investors.